We are not big on rules at Isaacs hostel as the majority of our global backpackers just seem to get it ! Our basic hostel etiquette is ” BE NICE” to your fellow hostellers which just about covers it all! However here are a few additional a hints to ensure your stay is a good as it can be
- Coming in late ? It’s Dublin, it’s a hostel, people like to party but don’t be a knob ! We just ask for quiet in bedrooms and corridors between 11pm and 7am. Some guests may not be 24hr hour party animals and need their ZZZzs
- Conversely if you are leaving early, do pack up the night before so you don’t disturb sleeping dorm mates with your rustling. Just get up and go !!
- In either of the above categories, it could be as well to bring ear plugs and or an eye mask if you are a lighter sleeper if you are sharing a dor . We can supply at Isaacs reception
- Too much to drink ? It happens to the best of us in Dublin but just be aware if you puke , you pay! ( to clean it up )
- Cooking in the communal kitchen? We are not your mammy so please DO YOUR OWN CLEAN UP, Plus if you are a good cook, it is mandatory to give the staff a taste. Most of them live on takeaways and chocolate and need all the fresh food they can get !
- It’s strictly one person per bed, if you want company then book and pay for a private room . Please don’t have sex in a dorm , we REALLY don’t want to hear your howling and humping!
- Snorers – beware the wrath of other hostellers – you have been warned ! We have a mallet here for this purpose( not joking )
- Say hello …be sociable … that’s what hostels are for !
- If you are unhappy about your stay for any reason, would you ever tell us BEFORE you leave please so we can help there and then ?
That’s it for our Hostel etiquette , but importantly go enjoy the mighty Dublin craic !